Introducing a Westermo device with IEC 61850-3 approval for substation automation, RedFox-5728, based on a new hardware and software platform that meets the needs of future data communication networks.
The RedFox-5728 series provides extremely resilient networks in the most demanding substation automation applications.
It also meets or exceeds all test levels to meet class 2 IEC 61850-3, achieving a KEMA Gold certification, ensuring zero downtime, communication losses, delays or errors, even under the most difficult conditions.
Technical characteristics RedFox-5728 (L2) and RedFox-5728-E (L3):
• Ethernet ports: 12 or 24 x 10/100/1000 Mbit/s, RJ-45.
• Optical ports: 4 or 16 x 100/1000 Mbit/s, SFP.
• Micro SD memory card.
• Digital I/O.
• Transparent for PRP, GOOSE, SV and MMS.
• MTBF (mean time between failures) MIL-HDBK-217F: 30 years (269.000 h) to 40 years (353.000 h).
• Built-in cybersecurity.
• Galvanic insulation of all ports and power supplies.
• Approvals: IEC 61850-3 Class 2, EN 50121-4/IEC62236-4 (trackside).
• IP30 (F16G variants), IP40 (F4G variants), metal housing.
• WeOS 5 L2 (switch) and L3 (router) variants.
• Power supply: single or redundant, 85 - 264 V AC/DC.
• Operating temperature: -40 to +70 °C.
Lynx-5612 IEC 61850-3
RedFox-5728 data sheet (.pdf, en, 1,76 MB) WeOS 5 data sheet (.pdf, en, 324 kB)